monark "KRUSH" back on the road

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: monark "chicken coop special" mock up

Strings_and_steam said:
Nice lookin light, I do a lot of steampunk projects, and that looks like candy to me :)

For your light, what about something like this?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... gBEPMCMAE#

wald2d.jpg
hmm . . i really like the way that looks!

For your headlight, you might consider fastening a couple of rare-earth magnets
to the flashlight (neodymium, cobalt samarium etc.) You can buy them in different shapes
with mounting holes already in them. The only tricky part would be not getting your fingers
pinched when the magnets slam the flashlight to the side of your bike. I'd put something
thin and soft over the magnets too, if you don't want the paint scratched.

makes the rockers i made for the galt town hooligan look like doo doo. great idea

spectratone said:
For your headlight, you might consider fastening a couple of rare-earth magnets
to the flashlight (neodymium, cobalt samarium etc.) You can buy them in different shapes
with mounting holes already in them. The only tricky part would be not getting your fingers
pinched when the magnets slam the flashlight to the side of your bike. I'd put something
thin and soft over the magnets too, if you don't want the paint scratched.
that is the stupid simplest idea ive heard so far. and ill be ...... if its the first one i try tommorow. thanks! if not, a flashlight holder it is.

an update. the rims are off to southridge to be trued, and i picked up some metal to lower the back. this thing is going to the cruise tommorow, and saturday. this whole being stolen thing is sh__ and im so tired of it already. so rain shine or thorns, im going. pics in a bit.

rims are back. and as usual, theyre perfect.
003-2.jpg

$3.95 each at ace. cut in two, so i got enough for two bikes.
002-3.jpg

holes drilled
001-4.jpg

bolted on
005-3.jpg

white forks, white walls.
006-3.jpg

007-1.jpg

well i know im cutting it a little close, so ill get back to work. im getting this done by tommorows cruise. i want to go. question: after i mocked it up, the chain is taught and looks to be lining up, but after bout three pedals, it popps off. the sprockets are straight,any ideas?

Is the chain completly parallel to the bike? if the sprockets to far it wont line up with the rear correct and that could be it.

well heres what i found out, the front sprocket was bent. i was pedaling wiht no chain on, and looked down, and not the whole sprocket but some of the teeth were. so i changed the sprocket for a different one, works perfect. rode the bike for three miles, no a hitch (other than popping off the lock ring in the rear, why it happened, i dont know). so i got to ride it, and rode it, and rode it. hahah, my mom was mad at first because she wasnt sure why i left, but wheni came in the garage with a smile on my face and the bike, she just said "awesome"

Re: monark "chicken coop special" is done! (for now)

stick a fork in her! shes done!
015-2.jpg
(sorry bout the bad pics, took this afew min ago) the sprocket rubs just a smidge on the stand mount, so i might have to grind or file a hair off tommorow. but i can still ride it perfect.

Beutiful! my mom gets mad when i ride b/c i have no reflectors. i want to get a motorcycle style one.

came back from the cruise. not a hitch in the ride. but after seeing all the nice bikes, my mom decided my bike needed to be painted. soooooo . . .its stripped, sanded, and the bondo is done. so as the title says, it was done. bright orange, and white. with thick white tires (not white walls)

i cant express how much i hate krylon primer. all it has done so far is run,and go on thin. and looks like crap. so i have to sand this, put on a second coat of the "suff" and hope like heck that the paint is better.

Re: monark "chicken coop special" is orange and white.

tires, handle, an eat aeackon. whats a brand new paintjob without a hug scratch in the most obvious place?

I liked it rat'ed but it will look great boardwalk also.

004-3.jpg

my girlfriend is worried, cause i called my bike sexy.

Re: monark "chicken coop special" done

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back