monark "KRUSH" back on the road

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: monark "chicken coop special" done

well, just got back from an hour and a half walk home. why? popped the chain. went home and pulled a new one off of a parts mountain bike. cut and fit and heard it "click". so maybe this time itll be better (tire was rubbing also) weird how yesterday it was riding just fine till it got painted. :roll:

Derailleur chain? Coasters use 1/8", mtb's use 3/32", unless someone put a 1/8" chain on the mtb you haven't solved your problem. Too much slack, combined with frame flex when riding hard or leaning can allow the chain to "shift" off, or maybe you're trying to use a 3/32" in the first place. :|

the whole reason it came off the mountain bike was cause it was the wrong size for that bike. i rode it home from jack in the box and everything went perfect (minus a huge thorn) i think the other chain had to much slaxk, and was way to pieced together.

question thoght. what kind of chain guard went on something like this? i set afew chrom schwinn ones on and thought they looked good, bu they were to short. anyone have pics or a,link? thanks

Hey snydur you entering the buildoff? you can represent us under 18 yr old ratbikers :?:

wolfy said:
Hey snydur you entering the buildoff? you can represent us under 18 yr old ratbikers :?:
hmmm . . good question, i have a huffy frame,and a butt load of extra parts. hmmm . . .
well i better start taking pictures now. hahah

snydur said:
wolfy said:
hmmm . . good question, i have a huffy frame,and a butt load of extra parts. hmmm . . .
same I might but im not handy like you im 16 from new york btw.

002-5.jpg

welll. . . . . . okay dont hate me to mch. i only cut it up and drilled out the mounts. and then decided there was to much orange (im going to stripe some white and black tommorow)

if the framw is orange id offset it with a white/creme chainguard.

oh, and not that i hate usc, its just their shirts are no good.

wolfy said:
if the framw is orange id offset it with a white/creme chainguard.
ding ding ding! my thoughts exactly. or chrome. but my mom hates that even thr forks are white. so ill try orange, but i can always go to white.

Na TOO orange fork/wheel/chainguard creme rest orange you should be glad your mom supports your hobbie mine gets pissed when i rip bikes apart. manark "orange and creme" yum I need me some stewarts know.

011-1.jpg

012.jpg

i made a fake sun. hahah. ill take some tommorow in an empty field by my house. it should look good.

YA! :p

006-4.jpg

007-2.jpg

as a huge photoshop fan, i had to tweak it a little. i had an idea, and ill need opinions, white bars? wrapped the same way with the same tape, but white, opinions? thanks. (and the magnets worked for the light)

Cool!
If you had those drops of a Nel Lusso,it would look like the RRB sticker bike...the tire up thru the rear rack. 8)
I might try it with some small bars attached to the top of the extensions,running up to a plate attached to the rear caliper mount hole.Kind of like a Truss bar fork,or to simulate
a rear suspension.

i was thinking of an adjustable truss rodd attached to the center hole, then to the frame, so i ould dropp it for shows, and raise it for rides. but i dont want to mess with this frame to much. im going to try it on the black bike for the build off.

changed the name to krush. well its obvious why, and it got stenciled on the frame. pics in afew

Re: monark "KRUSH" done

Thought you said kush at first.

Back