Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a 16" trike rear with a 28" front and a comfy seat 😁🤘
Finally got at unpacking the trike parts. Looks promising...
IMG_20230819_171033251.jpg

And on Monday I will have a look at this frame:
Screenshot_20230820-082124.png

It's pretty beat up, but hey we are building rats, don't we?

But today I'll try to sell stuff first. I need to make room in the basement storage and some pocket money...
IMG_20230820_080131616_HDR.jpg

Did you just park your car on the side of the road and set up shop? Looks like your right down town.
Not exactly, it's the last row of the local weekly fleamarket around the corner of my place at the border of Berlin. Normally there are a few more rows but yesterday they announced thunder and heavy rain for this afternoon (it was sunny all day). I think that kept off a lot of the hobby sellers like me...
But still business was really slow, made only about 95.- over the whole day (last week I made double), but most of the stuff I have is kids stuff and this stuff would sell much better on a special market. But still better than nothing...

@GuitarlCarl did a thread years ago where he didn’t type. Just posted pictures. I thought that was pretty cool. I have a very simple entry for one of my builds. I tend to get very chatty, trying to explain for the next guy how I did something so he can copy me. But for this easy entry I think I’m going go silent, and just tell the story with pictures.

Don’t worry, my other one needs a ton of figuring out and will need opinions. I’ll save my chatting for that.

Finally got at unpacking the trike parts. Looks promising...
View attachment 246071
And on Monday I will have a look at this frame:
View attachment 246070
It's pretty beat up, but hey we are building rats, don't we?

But today I'll try to sell stuff first. I need to make room in the basement storage and some pocket money...
View attachment 246072
After a 2,5 hour roundtrip through Berlin with two stops and another 60 € spent, my pile of parts is taking form...
IMG_20230821_201151910.jpg

The other frame was already gone so I had to get this one. The fork is coming from a 28' trekking bike aluminum frame that I got for 10€ it was a wild guess that the fork might fight, but it worked out. And on top the frame came with a bottom bracket that eventually fits my Hope4muscle build so that also that little bike can get done... We will see when I hit the campground next time (probably in about three weeks or so).
Until then I'll try to get my hands on a fitting seat...

Last edited:
I've built both my entries in my head already. Can we just get started already? I just have to decide what color I'm going to fade in with purple.

Ice blue has the lead so far. But the bike was originally flamboyant orange. But I also thought about a celery green or a lemon yellow. I just don't know.

I've built both my entries in my head already. Can we just get started already? I just have to decide what color I'm going to fade in with purple.

Ice blue has the lead so far. But the bike was originally flamboyant orange. But I also thought about a celery green or a lemon yellow. I just don't know.
Sorry I’ve already reserved purple and all hues of purple

Please choose again

Back