Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a 2,5 hour roundtrip through Berlin with two stops and another 60 € spent, my pile of parts is taking form...
View attachment 246180
The other frame was already gone so I had to get this one. The fork is coming from a 28' trekking bike aluminum frame that I got for 10€ it was a wild guess that the fork might fight, but it worked out. And on top the frame came with a bottom bracket that eventually fits my Hope4muscle build so that also that little bike can get done... We will see when I hit the campground next time (probably in about three weeks or so).
Until then I'll try to get my hands on a fitting seat...
Seems like I just bought this seat (seller pictures):
Seller Pictures Seat.jpg

Is it the first of September yet?

Hmmm, just read in the rules that rear tire must be bigger than front...

What if the front is much taller but at the same time also visibly narrower than the rear tire(s)? (asking for a friend)

What if the front is much taller but at the same time also visibly narrower than the rear tire(s)? (asking for a friend)
Two of Three. Ape Hangers (or muscle bike-type bars), Banana Seat, Rear tire "bigger" than the front. Wider, larger diameter, whatever. Must have two of those three. So for your trike, banana seat and ape hangers and you're set.

Two of Three. Ape Hangers (or muscle bike-type bars), Banana Seat, Rear tire "bigger" than the front. Wider, larger diameter, whatever. Must have two of those three. So for your trike, banana seat and ape hangers and you're set.
Ape hangers are set, but what if the Nana is a traktor? :crazy::bigboss:

(And no, I don't want to sell the banana from my kids Hope4muscle bike before it's even done...)

Fatter is enough. Doesn't have to be both fatter and taller...

Ape hangers are set, but what if the Nana is a traktor? :crazy::bigboss:

(And no, I don't want to sell the banana from my kids Hope4muscle bike before it's even done...)

Hmmmm, narrow and lengthen the tractor seat. It already has enough of a back lip (perhaps) to look like a banana seat, and add a couple of matching holes in the back lip. Now that would be funky to see.......

Sorry I’ve already reserved purple and all hues of purple

Please choose again
Purple huh? Hmm, I wonder what transparent purple would look like over coppertone? (Actually I'm thinking of a transparent brown over coppertone for a nice home brewed rootbeer)

Anybody else wanna share/reserve (haha) their paint schemes?

Purple huh? Hmm, I wonder what transparent purple would look like over coppertone? (Actually I'm thinking of a transparent brown over coppertone for a nice home brewed rootbeer)

Anybody else wanna share/reserve (haha) their paint schemes?

My paint scheme is what ever is left after an OA bath.

the rules it says wider or taller rear

OR being the operative word
a very wise man explained
So your good 👍

I already had to find another frame. I looked closer at the one I wanted and see it's been dented in 4 places by the junk cart it used to push around. I have the one I used for my grandson who already is too big before he ever rode it. I have two 26" BMX bikes ready for him if he ever gets over here.

More parts are showing up too. I may use these blue tires but I found some new 20 x3" tires for 8 bucks each and ordered them. I'll have to see how they fit in 9 days when I get started.

old frame.jpg

ph-11134207-7qul4-lexuah9i64r8d1.jpg

parts 23 Aug 23.jpg

the rules it says wider or taller rear

OR being the operative word
a very wise man explained
So your good 👍
yep,last year "Blue Meanie was entered and allowed , the rear was smaller than the front, Mullet style but 240 car tyre rear and push bike front!... so the rear tire was wider than the front, hence allowed!

Holy smoke thats cheap.... was ebay??
Here on the other side of the world it's Lazada or Shopee, like Amazon. Shipping through the postal system is not possible, so the commercial sites are the best way to go. I look through a lot of ads and usually find the same product for a lot less than what other sellers are asking. They are probably trying to get some cash flow going so they drop the price.

... for this easy entry I think I’m going go silent, and just tell the story with pictures.
I think that I might just yang your yin. (At least to some degree.)

303610-800x533-meaning-yin-yang-symbols.webp

There's not going to be much to show in photos for my build. Most everything is there, no fabrication will be done at all, just clean up and replace a few things. So I might substitute mostly words for pictures just to keep it off of page two. :bigsmile: I have a pretty full plate outside of the build off so it will most likely take the full three months.
Wordsmithing is something I can do in the evenings while I'm winding down after supper.:forum:

More parts came in today. I may have to make up some new wheels as the 30mm rims may not be wide enough for the new 3" tires. The tread doesn't lay flat like on the picture above, like a slick. It's rounded and just under 2 3/4 inch wide that way. I got the tires on and will have to give it some thought. Other stuff showed up also. I think I have everything I need.
25 Aug all parts.jpg

25 Aug tires.jpg

25 Aug parts.jpg

One week to go.

Would it be against any rules if you:
*Entered a bike in the MMBO
*Tear down said bike and enter it in the winter build off
*then tear down again for the summer build off
All different renditions.
?
As long as it's blown apart and a different bike each time

Would it be against any rules if you: