ORBO Bomber 40 'Special - Done - Forks upgraded

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The flange for me was 1 blisters , and 2 to make sure my hands were in the right spot and ad control torque on the bars when airborne, Running the rocks, racing, etc.

Personally, I think they help add that fine control while airborne... try to do a back scratcher without them... and still land it.

Building... riding...

Dream ride...touch the sky my friend...
Agree. This bike excites me when I turn around and see it sitting there. Brought inside at noon, because of pending rain. Weekends a coming, depending on how low the snow makes it on Mt Charleston, plan to find a good trail to run it on. Maybe over in calico basin...
Dig it [emoji106]
Modernized, rendition:
of my build.:D
Thanks KJV. [emoji106]

Building... riding...

Sweet, a head turner.
Thanks Chief, I agree.

I know as I walke past it, I keep running into stuff cuz I'm looking at it instead of where I'm going...

Picked one more off the list. Found some redline pedals that fit it well.

Wondering if I should put a beefier looking crank on it. The one on it is strong, but I do have that blackops crank thats a half a centimeter longer. These ones are lean and strong. May swap them tomorrow to see what they look like.

Looking more finished. Want to try black checkers. And not much else left to do.

Building... riding...

If you want to experiment with a mock up on the checkers, cut some black electrical squares and stick them on just for a look see. But I agree, the black on copper should be a nice finishing touch!

I think black checkers will look even better!

Luke.
Thanks, I agree fully. Used some 20mil pipe tape. Sticky side to sticky side. 11' per wheel. Then put the poly liners on top.

If you want to experiment with a mock up on the checkers, cut some black electrical squares and stick them on just for a look see. But I agree, the black on copper should be a nice finishing touch!
I Like how it turned out, experiment complete.

Going here. Boulder city to Hoover dam.

Loaded it up.

Back later.

Building... riding...

Thanks, I agree fully. Used some 20mil pipe tape. Sticky side to sticky side. 11' per wheel. Then put the poly liners on top.

I Like how it turned out, experiment complete.

Going here. Boulder city to Hoover dam.

Loaded it up.

Back later.

Building... riding...
Sweet! Yeah, that really dialed in the overall look. You've probably got a huge smile across your face riding that around the dam!

Looks awesome!

Luke.
Thanks Luke##
Sweet! Yeah, that really dialed in the overall look. You've probably got a huge smile across your face riding that around the dam!
Yes, had a great time. Didn't go all the way down to the dam, but did a lot of playing on the old railroad.

Had a flat on the way back to the truck..

Did find an edge to hang off.

Building... riding...

Thanks Luke##

Yes, had a great time. Didn't go all the way down to the dam, but did a lot of playing on the old railroad.

Had a flat on the way back to the truck..

Did find an edge to hang off.

Building... riding...
That reservoir shot and the "hangover" shot are really cool!
Bike looks right at home in the hills.:41:

That reservoir shot and the "hangover" shot are really cool!
Bike looks right at home in the hills.:41:
It was a great ride for breaking it in. Had a blast. The hub is shifting well. Geared just right. Wheels and tires are light, makes it an enjoyable ride.

Had a few people want to know where they can buy one like it.

A few notes. Whacked it into a rock jumping a little burm. The pic above of the bike flipped upside down, if you zoom in, the seat stay has a chunk of paint missing.

The seat clamp doesn't keep it from rotating back. Was pushing the nose of the seat down all afternoon, will fix it.

One rivet on the nose of the seat popped loose, need to put another in its place.

Love the way it rides.

Ride it, break it, fix it. Until it quits breaking ,,, or can't be fixed.

Building... riding...

"Had a few people want to know where they can buy one like it."
images

At your wallymart. :21:

It was a great ride for breaking it in. Had a blast. The hub is shifting well. Geared just right. Wheels and tires are light, makes it an enjoyable ride.

Had a few people want to know where they can buy one like it.

A few notes. Whacked it into a rock jumping a little burm. The pic above of the bike flipped upside down, if you zoom in, the seat stay has a chunk of paint missing.

The seat clamp doesn't keep it from rotating back. Was pushing the nose of the seat down all afternoon, will fix it.

One rivet on the nose of the seat popped loose, need to put another in its place.

Love the way it rides.

Ride it, break it, fix it. Until it quits breaking ,,, or can't be fixed.

Building... riding...
Can't remember MC, what is your gearing on this; chain ring __t , cog ___t ?

Can't remember MC, what is your gearing on this; chain ring __t , cog ___t ?
Its a 44t ring to a 22t. The low gear made it comfortable on the incline. The high gear, could be a little taller, was thinking changing the ring to a 48t. But like the low where it is.

I have this old style 48/40 hooked to a black ops crank that I pulled off the other build I was thinking to try out.

May try it on the next trip out, so we will see.

Building... riding...

Latest posts

Back