-ROLAND- FINISHED ((sneak peak))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: -ROLAND- Let's get TANKED (part 1) 6/22

I'm really liking how this build is going. I've got something similar, to what you have now, planned by way of a tank. The bike's looking good. Ape hangers go so well with a monark fork.

Re: -ROLAND- Let's get TANKED (part 1) 6/22

That tank is SWEET 8) That makes the bike :wink: Can't wait to see it done :D

Re: -ROLAND- Mock up and test ride 6-25

Did a mock up with the tank today. You may notice that I flipped the rockers. After looking at the pics, I realized the curve of the rockers in the original orientation ran opposite to the curves on the frame....I think they look muuuuch better now. This is not the seat I'll run, this one is literally stuck onto the seatpost clamp for the test ride....no brackets or bolts :shock: It was a wild ride :mrgreen:

100_5311.jpg

The frame now has a bit of a sheen to it, I sealed it with satin clear coat. Wouldn't want anything to happen to that rust now :wink:

Oh, as for the ride........well it does ride haha. Fat tires, a slammed seat, and a stretched out front end, what do YOU expect. But the small sprocket helps a lot, and with the apes it's easy to stand up on it for hill climbing. Oh and I only scraped the pedal once :mrgreen: Once I get everything fine tuned it will be fun to ride.

Now on to the fender!

After I posted the pic I stripped the rear fender and got it mounted. As I stood back and looked at it a warm fuzzy feeling came over me....the same feeling I get when I look at Gaskill's bikes. I finally have a vision for this bike, and I am STOKED about it. Assuming I can pull it off :lol:

Pretty good day today....Worked on the seat for a while. Not done yet, but it's getting there. But I did get the rear fender mounted up!

Had to fab a lower mount, so I figured it would be a good place for a little unexpected detail. Remember kids...
100_5323.jpg

Mounted up!
100_5326.jpg

100_5325.jpg

Re: -ROLAND- Rear fender pimpin' 6-26

How can this get any more cooler :shock:

C 8) 8) L

Keep up the good work :D

Back