TRADITIONAL SHAOLIN SPITFIRE (Wu Tang Forever)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was planning on using earth magnets to attach the 'W' to the top plate...but the stainless steel isn't magnetic 😔

View attachment 273532

I considered mounting these shelf clips to hold it, but the positioning would be off.

View attachment 273533

View attachment 273536

Experimented with a suction cup, but not sure how long it would hold on a ride.

View attachment 273534

So I put rubber washers top and bottom and ran the bolt through. Leaving this as inspiration, for now, but will fabricate a low profile hanger, in similar fashion to a plate hanger without springs.

View attachment 273535

It can be used as a bottle opener, so I want to be able to detach and re-attach it with some ease.
You just need stronger rare earth magnets. Put one on the Wu and another underneath that stamped top plate.

Strong enough that the two are virtually inseparable by themselves but the top tree can be a buffer to temper the magnetism

We use a hidden attachment similar to that in one of our customers parts. The hidden magnet is just held in place with CA glue

You just need stronger rare earth magnets. Put one on the Wu and another underneath that stamped top plate.

Strong enough that the two are virtually inseparable by themselves but the top tree can be a buffer to temper the magnetism

We use a hidden attachment similar to that in one of our customers parts. The hidden magnet is just held in place with CA glue

The plate is magnetic, the 'W' is not.

Back