the I'll show you OFF TOPIC bike thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys got EBROs in your city?

I could not listen to that with my earbuds in. Too much bottom end just blowing them apart. Some very athletic riders though.

Anyhow there’s nothing like that around here, including tall buildings large crowds of people, and big bicycle events.

Funny, Microsoft NT Server 3.2 in the early 90s used to throw Posix and OS2 blue screens of death. I was admin of both OS2 and NT servers at the time.

Seems they've come full circle back to Unix/Linux again on some of their cloud infrastructure again.

I was a Novell guy then, and I never got involved in that. After that went away, we were just doing windows peer to peer networking because it was such a small company.

I remember my dad telling me that NT was always supposed to patch over to the ‘nix world. He was working on the anti- ballistic missile system. As I recall, that was way before Os2 Warp. Warp was the first version of Os2 that I ever bought.

C75B9A93-5B87-44E6-802C-073791D3D017.jpeg

Open roads are more my speed than city freeways, guys. I guess I gotta represent for the west coast skaters.

From Washington’s famous Kamloops Road, the Maryhill Ratz bring you the Tour de Maryhill 2022.

Just for the record, I never made it to Maryhill myself. But I skated with some of those guys at a place on the Calif coast called Roscoe’s Wrecker.

I could not listen to that with my earbuds in. Too much bottom end just blowing them apart. Some very athletic riders though.
Agreed. When corporations run radio urban youth is infused with angry and divisive shlock. Not my bag. But the events seem to pop up around the world these days. I'm just bewildered at how people are able to organize in private and then find these large roving gatherings. I've been to Monster track events much smaller and they promote publicly for months. I've randomly spotted Terry Barentsen whizzing by more often than I've caught this entire herd year after year. It is good to see kids out being kids, staying active.

Last edited:
I had to put aside the project today and overhaul my wife’s Kirby vacuum cleaner.
She was ready to go buy another one because it needed a new switch. It’s a screwdriver job and the switch is only $61.
89E2C927-FA68-4BF7-80C3-F22B096B4E83.jpeg

A new Kirby is probably like $1800 now.

I remember she paid $1300 for one with the carpet shampooer attachments, 30 years ago. I wish she’d let me rebuild that one because this one has more plastic in it, although it’s basically the same machine they have built for 60 years.

Normally you don’t have to take it that far apart to change the switch, but I wanted to put new sealant on the “snail”.

Kirby uses some cheap chit that dries out, but it’s super easy to get apart. I used high temperature RTV Permatex.

I take it he played for the Yankees?

(Not a ball fan since the schooldays. Back then I had two trading cards: Mickey Mantle and Roger Marris. I wasn't much of a fan even back in 1966.)

I use google a lot. It's great for looking things up when you don't know. Sometimes I use it for famous quotes. This one is attributed to Abe Lincoln
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"

For new welders, mechanics and technicians: this is the new vo tech school in Mendota CA, when it was brand new. I did the structural drawings for this 10 years ago. Shoenwald,Iwanaga and Mogensen (SIM) were the architects.
mendo.jpg

So here's a real welding project. The circular iron staircase into Moaning Cavern, CA. This is reputed to be the oldest arc-welded structure in California. These pics are huge (3000x4000) if you click the thumbs.
BASKET04.jpg
BASKET03.jpg

I use google a lot. It's great for looking things up when you don't know. Sometimes I use it for famous quotes. This one is attributed to Abe Lincoln
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"

Do you understand what a "conversation starter" is?
Any idiot can google. Conversation is an art.

I take it he played for the Yankees?

(Not a ball fan since the schooldays. Back then I had two trading cards: Mickey Mantle and Roger Marris. I wasn't much of a fan even back in 1966.)
New York > California > New York depending on the year. I knew nothing of sports but I wasn't against candy bars.

So now you’re making me wonder if he made more money off of the Yankees, the ice tea, or the candy bars. (Why do I have a feeling that it is the candy bars?)

Anyhow, that’s just a passing thought, and no excuse for people to start wearing out their Google icon.

Latest posts

Back