** The next build off 2024 **

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey folks. Im considering this one frame for the step thru build off. It is an older Murray, from maybe 15 years ago, and is equipped with normal, non folding bead tires. 26x2.125. Found some knobbies I like, with a folding bead. Will folding tires work on older standard original, factory rims that were equipped with standard, non folding tires? I did a forum search and couldn't find an exact answer to that question. Thanks for any help.

I've also got 3 Murray Flight/Spaceliner frames I've been thinking about building; one chrome, one patina teal, and one rusty brown...
View attachment 276784

Kind Sir!

Would yo upload a front top and additional side view of the tank on this one? Alternatively, if you are not using it, I could give it a good home or possibly rent it from you for a couple weeks...

IwOnDeR.png

Kind Sir!

Would yo upload a front top and additional side view of the tank on this one? Alternatively, if you are not using it, I could give it a good home or possibly rent it from you for a couple weeks...

View attachment 277499
I can see about getting some good photos of it after this weekend. I'm not ready to part with it yet, but I'd be happy to provide whatever reference photos you need.

Hey folks. Im considering this one frame for the step thru build off. It is an older Murray, from maybe 15 years ago, and is equipped with normal, non folding bead tires. 26x2.125. Found some knobbies I like, with a folding bead. Will folding tires work on older standard original, factory rims that were equipped with standard, non folding tires? I did a forum search and couldn't find an exact answer to that question. Thanks for any help.
They should fit. Folding or non-folding isn't important as long as it's the same diameter. It should say on the sidewall in millimeters what the diameter is. Common size is 559mm. So as long as they match the tires should fit.

Here's a nice explanation from the Sheldon Brown website.
1723756702969.png

I did score an 1890's tandem with a step thru front half and rear steering. It has issues but if I can find a bit of skiptooth chain I think I can get it rolling...

Latest posts

Back