Unofficial March Shootout 4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@GTHOtrod I'm thinking your build should be shiny bare metal, polished and cleared with Duplicolor Effex. Google it. I've used it so much, it looks fantastic in person but is hard to get a good photo of. Your modern roadster would be a tough bare metal bomber.

GC.
I had no idea that duplicolor paint was available.
Got myself a can this morning for this build.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Replaced the crank went with the star liked the look put pedals on. Still waiting on spokes. Tried the bike shop but they don't even build tires
IMG_20220314_154715225.jpg
IMG_20220314_154700461.jpg

Mess with the bull you get the horns
IMG_20220314_120708.jpg
IMG_20220314_120751.jpg
IMG_20220314_120827.jpg

Not comfortable for me to ride with the bars in the board tracker position. Oh they look cool but can I ride it? Not for long and that defeats the ultimate purpose of a bike. I don't build scrapers and I don't build bikes that I can't ride. Well, with the Wild One being the exception...
So as far as the name, something bullish, possibly Taurus.

Carl.

I did this earlier in the day but was in editing and got sidetracked. Put 6 hours in working on guitars and came back. Put maybe an hour in the garage. Got ready to do the next post and saw I hadn't posted this mornings handlebar flip...

IMG_20220314_193038.jpg
IMG_20220314_193028.jpg

Threw on a chain, checked the drive, found a brake clamp and painted some decent waffle blocks that had came on the bike originally with rust begone. I'm not liking the white bows.

Carl.

Last edited:
Mess with the bull you get the horns
View attachment 188480View attachment 188481View attachment 188482

Not comfortable for me to ride with the bars in the board tracker position. Oh they look cool but can I ride it? Not for long and that defeats the ultimate purpose of a bike. I don't build scrapers and I don't build bikes that I can't ride. Well, with the Wild One being the exception...
So as far as the name, something bullish, possibly Taurus.

Carl.

I did this earlier in the day but was in editing and got sidetracked. Put 6 hours in working on guitars and came back. Put maybe an hour in the garage. Got ready to do the next post and saw I hadn't posted this mornings handlebar flip...
Looks have gone from Fast,
Too angry as heck.
Looks like an angry bull, about to charge.

Probably just skip the flipped bars, ditch the bull drama and call it the bike with no name. Kinda like "I been through the desert on a bike with no name. It felt so good to be out of the rain..."

Carl.

The thing that kept Bonefish from crossing the Muscle Finish line was the stem. Couldn't find one that would fit the bulge on the chrome muscle bike bars. Since it's not a requirement anymore, I'll use this combo I took from the same Walgoose BMX I got the mag wheel from.
IMG_20220315_172740361.jpg

Maybe I'll throw a coat of paint on the bars to match the fork. We'll see

Last edited:
I
Probably just skip the flipped bars, ditch the bull drama and call it the bike with no name. Kinda like "I been through the desert on a bike with no name. It felt so good to be out of the rain..."

Carl.
I Liked the flipped handlebars my wife and were trying to picture me trying to ride it. I'm 5 feet

Your bike would look great with a motocross seat
Almost bought one off that guy in Winchester instead of the nanner, but it didn't have a bracket for the post, would have had to fab that and rear supports, as a sissy bar wouldn't work. I took the easy route, been questioning it ever since.

We're more or less halfway there. Just a bit over two weeks left. Anybody think they can pull off a build in 2 weeks? Winner gets a trophy in this "anything goes" competition. You just gotta post your build progress here, no jumping in with a finished bike.

Carl.

What's up with this build?
It sounds like the description of what it will take to fix Max's car in Road Warrior.

GC.
I've been delayed a bit. Not sure how many hours I will find this weekend, but should have some hours for next weekend.

Will try welding tha BB tub back together and stress test it to see if I can break it. It may end up being a basket case if it is as weak as I think it is.

Morning coffee and litte tweaks...
IMG_20220316_084025.jpg
IMG_20220316_083925.jpg
IMG_20220316_084011.jpg

Nice patina on these gold glitter grips, got the black waffle block pedals on. The bars have returned to normal and are sitting at a comfortable tilt to fit me sitting on the seat. Headed in to work on some guitars soon.

Carl.

Last edited:
Back