What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my Ross Compact out today. I put a speedometer on it and had to test it out

Fun video

57D4D3EF-2A91-4CE2-B8D4-8FC763FAE253.jpeg

Riding the path between the canal and the river, where we belong
IMG_20230401_165539974.jpg

IMG_20230401_165949050.jpg

"By the side of the river he trotted as one trots, when very small, by the side of a man who holds one spell-bound by exciting stories; and when tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.”
The Wind in the Willows

Had the place to myself for a while yesterday.
IMG_20230401_125107898.jpg
IMG_20230401_125320430.jpg

Then the wind kicked in so I tried the pump track in Erie on the way home. Haven't ridden there do gave it a shot. Wind was calm but since it's in a complex of parks, kinda crowded. Fine for feeling out a new spot. Once the kids cleared out there was time for some faster laps before the wind got too bad there.
IMG_20230401_152348657.jpg

Really loving my new DJ bike! Kinda getting used to the skinwall tires........🥴😵‍💫🤢🤷‍♂️

Took Gone Fischwinn out today for it's first fishing trip. In the space of a 1/2 hour two black bass hit my top water lure and were landed. Neither was anything to brag about but it was nice to hook up with a couple on the maiden voyage. Only went about 1/2 mile down a canal just to catch something.

As you can see it is dry here . It is also 90F, by rights they shouldn't have been biting at all, especially at 2:30 PM. It will be dry until late May. This canal never goes dry and usually has a few fish. Many bass were nesting today.

20230405_151814.jpg

In the space of a 1/2 hour two black bass hit my top water lure and were landed. Neither was anything to brag about but it was nice to hook up with a couple on the maiden voyage
Top water just makes it more fun, such a visual strike... You should see when a Northern Pike hits that lure!

Top water just makes it more fun, such a visual strike... You should see when a Northern Pike hits that lure!
Never fished for Northern but would like too. I have landed a few undersize Musky's in Kentucky and been broken off by keeper Musky's while fishing for bass. You're right, there is nothing like top water. My go to is a Heddon Torpedo.

Last edited:
Never fished for Northern but would like too. I have landed a few undersize Musky's in Kentucky and been broken off by keeper Musky's while fishing for bass
They hit hard like a musky, but they don't put up much of a fight for their size. It's like they wasted all their energy on the ferocious strike and subsequent run. After that it's like pulling in a fence post. Braided line or steel leader are a must. Sometimes it's like a toothy cave opening up
mqdefault.jpg

Latest posts

Back