where'd you username come from?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
email naming standard at a small company I used to work for:

first name with first and last letter of the last name = jerrykr.

Just kind of stuck.

My username is my nickname. I've been JonnyButts since I was in my teens. It comes from a sublime song http://www.whosdatedwho.com/topic/7189/ ... y-butt.htm If you read the lyrics you can now imagine the kind of teen I was. Thank God I made it thru those years. Ever since I have been on the internet I go by the same name everyone that knows me calls me. I would dare say that most of my close friends couldn't even tell you my real last name 8)

Mine is a user name I've used for years on various forums. It stems from my other hobby/obsession - aquariums. Being a die hard DIY'er, I was given the name by a buddy because of the homemade filters, lighting hoods, stands, water change setups, etc.. that came out of my mind and 'laboratory'. I guess Dr. Frankenstein morphed into Dr. Tankenstein. Exciting, huh?

and i thought it was from some obsession with tank bikes.. silly me. :lol:

I was a fat baby. Had rolls like the Michelin man. Then I became a chunky kid, and then matured into a fat teen. One of my best friends had a super hot sister a few years older than us. She started calling me Pudgey. Fine with me since she used to practice her kissing skills on me in their kitchen when she first went to high school. I was supposed to grade her technique! She got an A every time! Anyway, she could call me anything she wanted, and since I never fought the moniker with my friends it just stuck! Eventually over time Pudgey morphed into Pugs, Pugsley, Puggles, and a few others before finally becoming the one syllable Pudge. Fast forward however many decades you want (I've been around over 4.5 of them) and I still have a roll around my middle so it's fitting. Hmmm, I wonder if that chick still likes fat guys! :mrgreen:

I mixed together Schwinn and Stingray :mrgreen: The 69 came from I don't know what :lol:

old school 64 said:
Pretty simple I guess..Old School on my cars..HATE SMOGGING ANYTHING and dual exhaust does not go through one muffler !!...and 64 for the year I came into this world.
+ 1 on smogging and yeah I was born 64 also

Before getting a 29er mtn bike back in '08,I rode a SS (singlespeed) off road (and on) for years,and I got married in '92,so... :D

I have a Kuwahara Magician EX from my highschool days. Bright yellow, I believe it was made in 1987. I bought it from a friend for $50, years ago. The friend that sold it to me, commited suicide a few years after highschool graduation. Eventhough I'm too old and too tall to ride the 20" frames, I keep it around in memory of my old friend and plan on keeping it for ever. The bike hasn't been out of the shed for over ten years, that's why it is so dirty and has flat tires.
hartvilebikehana007.jpg

This is always funny where names came from. I know mine was posted before but....I started stretching frames and my brother was a member first. He posted all the junk I tore up. He is Ratroddad , because Steve is his son. I'm not sure who came up with it ,but the minute I joined I was already Uncle Stretch. I didn't even get a chance to pick a name...Mine was given. :lol:

My first ever rat rod bike was a 1955 Western flyer.."Double Nickle" comes from the two fives in the year....ask Uall, he made a "55" head badge after our bike build-off together....
imagesCAH4EGZ7.jpg

MY FIRST RAT
100_2776.jpg

I got the nickname "Hoodoo" or "Hoodoo Brown" from a few of my friends. They know I'm obsessed with westerns, and Hoodoo Brown is a character in the western video game GUN. We all gave each other stupid nicknames to match; "ace of spades," "the judge," and "jack of blades." I chose my avatar picture because I work as a student sacristan at a university catholic campus center and have been discerning the priesthood for a few years. I have my own cassock and surplice and I look somewhat like Ewan McGregor... kinda. :lol:

Gold Street Customs said:
old school 64 said:
Pretty simple I guess..Old School on my cars..HATE SMOGGING ANYTHING and dual exhaust does not go through one muffler !!...and 64 for the year I came into this world.
+ 1 on smogging and yeah I was born 64 also

Gold Street, are you coming down for the Stockton swap and car show Sunday ?

Sinner4, Well Sinner is my last name. I either use Chevy79 or Sinner4 in the Forums. When signing up for e-bay sinner4 was next inline.
And some art work from my multi talented daughter. Superman Sinner.
The Sticker in the Back window
S5002040.jpg

Bodge Deep is a spoonerism of my other love, my 1944 Dodge 'Beep' or Dodge Weapons Carrier. I've been into military vehicles for many years but this is my main squeeze. Its set up as a USAAF Flying Control Truck from a Bomber Base of WWII...(a mobile control tower... full of vintage radio gear and signals equipment) and its chequered too :mrgreen:
neamjaj91.jpg

Which in turn kinda drags me into vintage american bikes, music, clothes, films, cars etc. Interestingly trawling through the site it seems that english made bikes were available in the US whereas we have had virtually no US made bikes available over here until the new shape Schwinn Stingray of the last few years... lots of modern beach cruiser type copies (of which mine is one) God I love all the vintage Schwinns and Monarchs and the like they're so stylish whereas english bikes of the 30's - 50's are incredibly dull by comparison... I'd give my left leg for a good unrestored 40's american balloon tire bike...

this is where mine came from. this is the first motorbike i built 5 years ago, the murray motobike. after i started riding it a few of my buddies started calling the murraymadman! thought that was kind of cool.
100_4383.jpg

Back