Hog Boys Boardtracker (Ex-Villiers)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Villiers board tracker DONE?

Sometimes I think of it K-dregg but I think I'll leave it like it is.
Everything is back together:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, its good to go, so I gave it a try:

I noticed that it took a while to catch some speed (low power), although I only tryed it it my yard.

So I made a new rear sprocket from a bmx peddaling sprocket (what is the exact term?):

It looks better with this 46 teeth sprocket.

And I'm gonna try it RIGH NOW! :lol:

Keep rollin'

Awsome job and thats the best looking petcock (fuel tap) setup i have ever seen. EVER!!!!!

Hey there.
Thanks for the input guys.

Dowie Soetenga said:
Villiers,

Put a 26 to 28 tooth sprocket for your jack shaft input and your speed to power ratio will be perfect.

Great design by the way.

Dowie

Sorry DOWIE, I did'nt get that :oops: . Imagine that the 10 teeth clutch's sprocket is nº1 and the 42 teeth wheel sprocket is nº4 - which sprocket do you think I should replace?

COBRAFREAK, I live in Portugal! Greg from PedalGrinders sent me some of those cool stickers.

YESTERDAY was a great day!
I got the brake problem solved. I took it apart, sanded the internal side of the hub, sanded the pads and made X pattern cuts on them. It improved braking very much and now its a lot safer.
Then, altough it was nightfall I had to take it to a dusty backroad, and man was that fun!
It handles very nicely, picking up speed relatively fast. I don't know the actual speed I got, but I think close to 50km/h (some 30mph). This was'nt the top speed because I got a bit scared and because the 100m road came to end.
Man I was as happy as a kid on Xmas morning! :D

Keep rollin'

Well i think that sometimes when you paint a bike it sort of looses charachter and your bike has a lot of that.! Leaving it as it is and letting it rust and get dirty will only add to the look..

So when is the vid comming? :D

Good to hear that you have functioning brakes hehe!

:oops: Oh... thanks man, I appreciate it.
It just came naturally. If you take a look at the first posts I warned that I did'nt knew what I was doin', and in fact I did'nt. Things happened and that's part of the charm of every build in this forum.
I'm gonna leave it like it is. Maybe I'll just redo the loop on the frame or somethin like that.
If the weather holds, I'll shoot a vid this weekend.
Keep rollin'

stocksucks said:
Hey there.
Thanks for the input guys.

Dowie Soetenga said:
Villiers,

Put a 26 to 28 tooth sprocket for your jack shaft input and your speed to power ratio will be perfect.

Great design by the way.

Dowie

Sorry DOWIE, I did'nt get that :oops: . Imagine that the 10 teeth clutch's sprocket is nº1 and the 42 teeth wheel sprocket is nº4 - which sprocket do you think I should replace?

The sprocket that the clutch goes to should be around 26 to 28T. The rest of your sprockets are good to go.

Clutch 10T (N1)
Jack shaft input sprocket 26-28T (N2 *Change this one* Left side of the bike when sitting on it, clutch side)
Jack shaft output sprocket 9-10T (N3)
Rear wheel 44-46T (N4)

These are ball park ranges that will get you going around 27-30 mph at 4,200 rpm. Perfect power to speed ratio for your size engine. Trust me, I just built one and went through the growing pains of dialing in the sprockets.

Great design!!!

Dowie

Will do Dowie. Having 4 sprockets allows for a "middle enhancement" of the engine's power, right?
MDombek, I'll post a vid this weekend hopefully.

Yesterday as soon as I got home I went for a ride.
Man is that fun! As I said, I think I'm allready goin' some 30mph in a 100m bumpy stretch. I have'nt yet got the oportunity of trying it on an open road. Gonna do that today.

Thanks a lot for everything guys

Re: Villiers board tracker WILL BE SET ON FIRE!

Hey there.
It’s been raining a lot so I still have got no video yet.
This weekend I got myself a helmet and installed a speed reading “device”.

I guess it’s pretty low profile and I can get the main unit out when I want (it’s a “clip on” thing).

UNLOADED it marked a top speed of 90.4 km/h (some 56 mph) – IT’S MOUNTED UPSIDE-DOWN so I can look at it while riding.

Now all I want is to stop rainin so I can test the bike.

Keep rollin

Its going to be cool to see what kinda speeds you can get up to when its loaded then! :wink:
im going to get a speedometer to, im getting curious! :D

I really like those basman tyres, the seem wery close to the five rib tyres the original BTR*s had..

Yep.
Originally, the basmans were meant to be used on the Fat Man, remember?
I ordered cream fat franks for this one, but as I saw them, I had no doubt.
They are really close, even in width, to the real deal.. I'm very happy with them.
And also they keep a really low profile.

We should take a pool to see what the official top speed is at flat level ground with no wind. The person who guesses closest without going over wins. Wins what, lots of prestige!

I'm going to say that since it goes 56mph standing prone it will do 48.7 mph flat out.

Latest posts

Back