Tips For Happy Riding

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that. A great write-up. More folks need to adopt these rules/suggestions.

Not sure I 'get' the one about putting $20 in the handlebars or seat post though.

Buster1 said:
I like that. A great write-up. More folks need to adopt these rules/suggestions.

Not sure I 'get' the one about putting $20 in the handlebars or seat post though.

The $20 bill thing is advice, you might need cash one day unexpectedly and you'll be happy it's there.

jwm said:
If you borrow somebody else's bike, for a short test or a long ride, say something nice about it.

How's this:
Hey, for a cheap bike it don't rattle much.

Golly, you saved enough on that bike to buy yourself a digital watch.

I like that it's easy to read the safety stickers on these new models.

JWM

Haha, how about "Wow, a mountain bike with a chainguard *and* a kickstand!"

I agree many people should adopt these rules. Another I'd add to the list is if you see the spandex clad guy on an expensive bike don't be afraid of them, It may be an opportunity to ride a bike you'd never spend that much for. And seeing someone ride a vintage Hawthorne in spandex is a once in a lifetime experience. :lol:

The story:
I was riding one day in the park on my old Hawthorne and struck up a conversation with a guy on a very nice $1500 bike (I forget what it was) who was just doing laps around the park trail. After about 10 minutes of chit chat he asked if I wanted to switch bikes and take a lap. SURE! After the lap we traded back and I commented how easily that road bike rolled and how smooth the shifting was, He said (Kinda out of breath at this point) my bike was a tank but he liked the seat, I just smiled and said that's the two things I love about it. :mrgreen:

Back