Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Hoek

36 Schwinn?

Need some help identifying this beast. Every time I think I have the frame narrowed down the fork or chainring don't seem right. It has a New Departure hub rolling 26" rims not sure if it originally had 28" or not. Any idea on value? My mom grabbed it for me at a garage sale for a song and I'd...
  2. Hoek

Score

Found some nice cheap stuff this weekend. 1st a shout out to my mom who found the below bike at a garage sale and got it for waaaaaay cheap. I'm still working on an ID. 2nd a nice ratty Huffy Camaro. I don't need it but I couldn't bare the thought of it ending up as yard art. Though it...
  3. Hoek

52 dx?

Picked up my new favorite bike last night. I have bought hundreds of bikes in my life this one i was most excited for. I saw it on CL on sunday 5 hours after it was posted. I was kicking myself because i normally watch hourly on weekends. At a $200 asking price I knew it would be long gone but i...
  4. Hoek

Clean living

I've been on a hot streak lately. I've picked up these bad boys in the last couple weeks. Overpaid for the Western but nearly stole the rest. Don't judge on the Raleigh R5000 I know it doesn't fit in... but it's mint and was $3. I can't stop finding great stuff. Is the bike below a 39 CWC...
  5. Hoek

Any ideas?

I picked this guy up for $25 this evening. I can find similar Meads and Roadmasters but none seem to have the correct dropouts. Even tried to convince myself it was a early DX with the straighht downtube but the headtube welds don't seem right. Any help would be appreciated. Sent from my...
  6. Hoek

Rans Stratus Recumbent

Picked this dusty but nice recumbent up recently. No wheels, crank, rear derailleur or seat. I'm thinking I'll build one of the recycled recumbent seats. I've never owned or even sat on a recumbent before, looks interesting. I'm considering putting it together on a budget. If I don't like it...
  7. Hoek

Huffy Rail Judge

I've been looking for a chrome stack chain guard for some time, way out of my price range. I found this huffy princess recently and I think I can get the guard off it fairly cheap. It's not exactly what I was looking for but will it fit? Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  8. Hoek

Schwinn Challenge

Well challenging for me anyhow. I picked up this schwinn rust bucket for the springer fork. I finally dug it out and was questioning the strange brakes and brackets and springs all over..... Then I noticed the front hub has a grease port so I clean off the quarter inch of grime to find it's a...
  9. Hoek

Sand blasted rail

I'm working on a Huffy Judge for the build off. I had a friend sand blast it for me and I'm going to have a friend of a friend powder coat it for me. The guy who's doing the painting is no expert he paints sheet metal at work. He says bringbit snd he'll shoot it.... here's the question. The...
  10. Hoek

(MBBO #4 CLASS #1) The EXECUTIONER

Decided to toss my hat in the ring. My 9 year old son and I will work on this together. I'm short on ideas but I know it won't be crusty, I'm going for clean classic looks. I have pretty much everything I need for the build just short a chain guard, maybe. This is what I'm starting with. I've...
  11. Hoek

1947 Kar-bike, pedal car.

My dad beat me to a garage sale this weekend. I learly need to start getting up earlier. This is an all original Kar-bike. Has all hub caps and original paint etc. The pedals are wrong and the seat is ripped but everything else is perfect. These were made in Cudahy WI by Metal Specialties...
  12. Hoek

Bike stand

My father in law was hitting a Good Will store in Colorado and found this bad boy, he called to see if I was interested at $12.99 minus his senior discount, I said heck yes! He took it apart and brought it all the way back home to Wisconsin. Why was my father in law shopping at a Good Will on...
  13. Hoek

(WBO) fenceliner

This will be my first time participating in a buildoff, actually it will be my first time documenting a build at all. So here goes. The look I'm going for is straight off an old fence line, think rusty old beer cans, signs, bullet holes and barbed wire. The serial number shows the Straightbar is...
  14. Hoek

Input on first build off bike

Ok I think I have it narrowed down to 2 frames for the wbo. I'd like thoughts on which frame you would go with. Interestingly enough I brought them both from the same guy this summer for a song. The first one is a 30s Colson very rusty. I do have the fork. When researching the year of this...
  15. Hoek

Columbia Tandem

Picked this bad boy up a few days ago. I have been looking for a tandem forever prices really dropped lately. Worked out a trade for my nice little schwinn Skipper and a set of S-7s wheels. He got a solid deal and I got the quality time bike my daughter and I have been looking for. Everything...
  16. Hoek

Weird pedals.

Found this picture of a bike for sale. Bike is nothing special but the pedals look interesting. It almost looks like a thumbs up on the pedals. I know the picture sucks but any ideas. He wants $30 for the bike.
  17. Hoek

Need help asap

I have a line on these two bicycles.I am out of town visiting relatives. Can't see the bikes or research right now. Men's bike is supposedly a firestone woman's is a goodyear? He wants $80 for the pair. Gamble site unseen or pass? Thanks.
  18. Hoek

Christmas tree 2.0 (Hiawatha)

I've been wanting to put a bike on the mantel for a while, finally got the chance. Turned out well, I think I made a believer of my wife(probably will never get it back). Kids thought I was crazy when I mentioned it, but they had a blast helping. Hiawatha Seminole, if I remember correct it's a...
  19. Hoek

House paint pride

So I picked up these 2 this past Sunday from a guy on CL. $40 plus he threw in a couple of nice white schwinn wheels. First the mens: Yes someone cut the top tube off and has hit it with a couple coats of house paint. It's my first Springer and I have another straight bar frame to transfer...
  20. Hoek

20 inch Schwinn Skipper

I'm new to this site and wanted to try to see if I can pos a picture. More importantly I recently picked up a nice red 20" skipper at a garage sale for $8. Serial number shows it's a 66. My first thought was make a Stingray out of it, as it is something I have always wanted. I've got a couple...
Back