█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/14 Chainguard EvilEye Backplate

bike2112 said:
It will look good King. Trust me!

Thanks man. I meant to say, no way it will look new (edited above).

I already know it looks good even without polish and paint. :mrgreen:

Flex-Liner 7 is sexy and it knows it!!!!!!

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex 7/16 Front Light Bracket Darts

dude this thing is epically awesome the lights and details are incredable!

The small double lights were cool, but I love the big 50s spotlight so I just had to find a way to mount it the worked well with the front end.

I even mocked up a coupled of wrenches.

WP_002338.jpg

But in the end I bought another piece of aluminum flat bar and started playing around with how to make a bracket. Once I got the shape down, I remembered bike2112 saying that I needed a fork crown on my 54 Chevy Eagle trusses. So I hand filed these darts. I will smooth and polish them up a bit later.

WP_002346.jpg

Started with this. Then found the natural contour of simply bending them around my vise was perfect. Imagine that!!!!!

WP_002347.jpg

WP_002348.jpg

WP_002349.jpg

WP_002350.jpg

WP_002352.jpg

WP_002354.jpg

WP_002355.jpg

WP_002356.jpg

WP_002357.jpg

WP_002358.jpg

WP_002360.jpg

I love this big old mirror, I be able to look at my light and see how cool my bike looks in the reflection.

WP_002361.jpg

WP_002362.jpg

jats said:
dude this thing is epically awesome the lights and details are incredable!

Jats , thanks alot!!!!!!!!
Finally figured out another light and detail tonight with my front headlight. Wow, what an ordeal to chose the right one and how to mount it. Big relief to get this part figured out. I still have to make the lense and gots to this thing, but that's the fun part. :mrgreen:

Only one more item to fab up and I will be ready for polish and paint.

I do like that better! The bike now has a 1950's Buck Rodgers in the 21st Century vibe. I was a kid but I remember those re-runs on TV :D

Look at all those tools!! A vise! The only vice I have is these dang bikes!! Wait and guitars. Oh and action figures. Oh and aaarrgghh ...nevermind. The bike is amazing!! Go B!! Peace

EastOfEastLos said:
I do like that better! The bike now has a 1950's Buck Rodgers in the 21st Century vibe. I was a kid but I remember those re-runs on TV :D

Thanks, I like to think of it as what Elroy Jetson would get Rosie to help him build.

I gotta thank peatbog for his comment below. It really kept me reconsidering the spotlight and finding a way that it worked well with the front end.

But heck, I still think your big headlight was cool.
It looked like it was punching a hole in the air for the bike to run through

Jake Sensi said:
Look at all those tools!! A vise! The only vice I have is these dang bikes!! Wait and guitars. Oh and action figures. Oh and aaarrgghh ...nevermind. The bike is amazing!! Go B!! Peace

Thanks Jake, But I don't have a butterknife!!!!

My dad had the vise laying around. It was in rough shape, so I stripped it and made it into a "Ramblin Wreck From Georgia Tech and a Helluva Engineer" vise. It even has two UGA stickers inside so that everytime I use this I am pinching a bulldawgs jewels in my vise. THWG!

167352_186630588029835_7418330_n.jpg

bike2112 said:
King, I am digging the fork truss caps with the light. That is definately the perfect light methinks. I'm wondering what it would look like if you made another set with the tabs bent up, instead of down for the headlight so the eagle is not fighting for real estate. Just thinking out loud, but the direction is awesome dude.

Thanks B, I thought about that, but I like the way the current setup keeps the light low and tight without really seeing the lightpost and bolt.

I do plan to raise it up a about an inch so that the tabs don't ruffle the eagle's feathers.

Peatbog said:
Get ta tearing down!
Get ta paintin'!
Get ta polishing!
Get ta buildin'...again!
Get that krazy rat off there before he bites your bike and gives it rabies!

Man, you gotta lot of "gets" going on...

Yep, I am going to have to do what my daddy always told me ,,,, "Gitchazz movin"

Dr. Tankenstein said:
kingfish254 said:
Yep, I am going to have to do what my daddy always told me ,,,, "Gitchazz movin"

HAHAHAHAAAA! If it's OK, I'm adding that to my signature and life motto!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Go for it Tank, I think I am already in 3 other RRBers signatures. That's what happens when you're the class clown.

Now Gitchazz Buildin' on Tybee Siren!!!!

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex Spaceliner 7/17 Small Seatpost Tub

Got my laidback seatpost from Pirate Cycle today. Don't really think I need it, but the price was right. Well the size of my seattube is wrong. This is the smallest that they have (7/8" post) but my ID for a seatpost on the Spaceliner is more like 13/16. So good thing I don't need it for the ridability and I don't really think I need it for looks either. A laid back seat probably would hide the TwinFlex suspension too much. Cool seatpost though and I am sure to use it on another ride.

WP_002363.jpg

While I was at it I tried out one of the triple spring saddles I brought back from Malaysia.

WP_002367.jpg

And I put a coat of Saddle Soap on the Brooks that came off of my 1948 Rudge Whitworth

WP_002364.jpg

WP_002366.jpg

WP_002365.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlex Spaceliner 7/17 Brightwork!!!

Raised up the new spotlight brackets so that there is about 1/2" clearance from the Eagle and drilled the holes for rivets. I will attach it later.

I decided that the bottom eagle trusses will be the anodized red and that the new light brackets will be polished aluminum to match up with the chrome of the spotlight and eagle head.

I was VERY pleased at how easily the aluminum flatbar polished up.

WP_002368.jpg

WP_002369.jpg

WP_002370.jpg

WP_002371.jpg

WP_002372.jpg

There is that sneaky rat again

WP_002373.jpg

WP_002374.jpg

wow those two bikes are like the crazy baja of rat bikes thnx for writing and sharing the pics of bali vacation too did you see what the people like to ride like their bike set ups for the environment off road ? maybe

ok I was just checking the pics for the #7 flexliner that frame is really cool looks light and fast.

vermodreary said:
wow those two bikes are like the crazy baja of rat bikes thnx for writing and sharing the pics of bali vacation too did you see what the people like to ride like their bike set ups for the environment off road ? maybe

Most of the bikes I saw in Bali were city bike like old Raleighs. Most people ride scooters.

vermodreary said:
ok I was just checking the pics for the #7 flexliner that frame is really cool looks light and fast.

Thanks man and welcome to RRB!!
The old Spaceliner frames are very cool. With the addition of the 1939 TwinFlex inspired rear suspension and the 40s beehive springer and such do add a lot of weight to the bike. But with the Nexus 7 hub, I can get around very fast on Flexy.

bike2112 said:
kingfish254 said:
bike2112 said:
King, I am digging the fork truss caps with the light. That is definately the perfect light methinks. I'm wondering what it would look like if you made another set with the tabs bent up, instead of down for the headlight so the eagle is not fighting for real estate. Just thinking out loud, but the direction is awesome dude.

Thanks B, I thought about that, but I like the way the current setup keeps the light low and tight without really seeing the lightpost and bolt.

I do plan to raise it up a about an inch so that the tabs don't ruffle the eagle's feathers.

Perfect. It is the ruffled feathers that was throwing me off. The bird needs room to spread her wings. It's looking great dude.

Hey B, how do you like the clearance now?

Back