BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Petrohead said:
Sounds interesting. We are hitting 100 degrees this week and if you are gonna have a beer, watermelon sound good!

100 degrees sounds hot, but when we get to 100 it's WITH humidity... now that's miserable.

yoothgeye said:
Petrohead said:
Sounds interesting. We are hitting 100 degrees this week and if you are gonna have a beer, watermelon sound good!

100 degrees sounds hot, but when we get to 100 it's WITH humidity... now that's miserable.

You people back East....
Petrohead can probably attest to this....When we get our Humidity in August its WITH 110-115 degree heat.. ah, but such is life...

Geez I'm glad I moved to Seattle. I lived in Tucson for 20 years. Althought ther sure are ALOT more hills up here, but the rain helps keep you cool. can get rather anoing in the winter at 30-40 tho.

whoinphx said:
yoothgeye said:
Petrohead said:

You people back East....
Petrohead can probably attest to this....When we get our Humidity in August its WITH 110-115 degree heat.. ah, but such is life...

Is true!

I think everyone kinda agreed motorbikes are out or atleast a majority decided not to vote for one with motors on them, but i see this build off as an exscuse to get a bike together that i've been putting off for awhilr LOL gives me a dead line! I say why not build a motorbike. I need to get working on mine again to, before the weather turns bad again :wink:

I thinks its cool that so many builders are car guys/gals and are taking the time away from other projects to join this build off!
This seems a lot more fun to build a bicycle because of the range, variety and price of parts available. anyone has a chance to win this build. a bike could cost nothing coming from the backyard junk pile to a $500 ebay parts build. in the end Metal is Metal, parts are parts, and the only difference be you and the next guy is your address! :lol: - :p - :roll: - :shock: - :idea: - :D

This is my first build, How is this build judged, or is ?
I seen a thread about a trophy? Any way I hope my bike atleast makes it to the finalist photo page, thats all I want.

socratesjpt said:
This is my first build, How is this build judged, or is ?
I seen a thread about a trophy? Any way I hope my bike atleast makes it to the finalist photo page, thats all I want.

We judge. Open vote to forum members.

Hey, I was In the local bike shop yesterday pickin up a few things. When I was at the counter i happened to see a copy of kickstand and guess what I seen on the cover.......give up? The Rust Rocket Delux. I thought to my self.... better get home and start workin on my build off bike!!! 8)

Are people voting solely on its overall rattiness, or its appearance?
I'm repainting an old Schwinn and getting new chrome, so there's nothing ratty about it (accept for the custom work). I'm scared I'll be counted out. :?

im sure you'll beat me, anyway. :wink: if you're scared of building a shiny bike, you never saw the site owners awesome collection. the idea is to have fun and get a cool ride outta it. you cant really lose. even those who dont compete win by just reading the threads. so start spinnin wrenches and have fun! 8)

KickBackCycles said:
Are people voting solely on its overall rattiness, or its appearance?
I'm repainting an old Schwinn and getting new chrome, so there's nothing ratty about it (accept for the custom work). I'm scared I'll be counted out. :?
Some will only consider rusty rats, but no worries. Check out last year's winner.

4827805121_e17316fb77_b.jpg

Well, :roll: ok, worry, but not about that. :p :lol: :mrgreen:

no9_fenderhole.jpg

^ No.9 by Fenderhole

And what about last years runner-up? It's so shiny it hurts my eyes.
Again! 8)

People are voting for very different and personal reasons. To me the surface-finish isn't that important. It's just a part of the overall look. Sometimes 'ratty' will fit a bike better, sometimes 'shiny' will. I'll look at the silhouette of the bike. It's stance. Does it say 'hotrod' to me, and how loud. I also considder what the builder went through to get that bike finished: How creative has he been? What unique details has he come up with? ...or even fabricated himself? How big is the transformation, etc... To me, all those things are more important than just a ratty or just a shiny finish.

Just do your best at building a cool hotrod-bike for yourself.
Aim at winning for maximum result...
8)

Back