Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. whoinphx

Of Three Minds

So... I've decided to join another Build Off. After doing minimal bike work for a couple years, this past year I've been finishing "projects" and moving along. You all know, you have this frame, those parts, wouldn't that be cool. I've finally been actually doing, not just planning or dreaming...
  2. whoinphx

1776 Wagon

So.... here I am again entering RRBO. This is my third time entering, and I hope the first I actually finish....:headbang: My first was "George" in RRBO6...http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/george-sweating-it-7-27-11.39920/ Unfortunately that's one bike that never got built. I...
  3. whoinphx

A Day With A Cargo Van....

Hey all, A little background, I don't own a motor vehicle (I"m the motor on all my bikes), so every now and then I rent a vehicle for something I can't haul home with a bike and trailer. Well I needed a new washing machine so... I couldn't help myself.. First I hit up a Craigslist buy from...
  4. whoinphx

* Update * Need BMX Help...! Maybe '80's...?

I know some of you guys are knowledgeable about BMX bikes, (RatRod this means you:)) I however am not. I have two, I think to be "Classic" BMX bikes and would LOVE any info anyone could give me to what they are, and relative worth. I plan to sell them on CL in Phoenix. The last time I sold a BMX...
  5. whoinphx

$60.00 Seems to be the Magic Number

Got my tax returns so now I'm on my yearly kick of picking up bikes I don't need....HA This past week I picked up three bikes off CL, each for $60.00. The first one I bought cause it was cheap(ish), and at worst I can use it for parts, or flip it this summer or fall. I hate those...
  6. whoinphx

I had a truck to use, so I made the most of it....

This was an Epic day, for me at least.. It starts off with me borrowing a friends pick up to go out to Apache Junction to pick up a bike. That's about a 35 mile drive from where I live. Unfortunately even though I'd talked to the guy about 4 times and he Swore he'd hold it, he never answered...
  7. whoinphx

I've been slacking posting my Fresh Finds....

Okay, bear with me I'm catching up on all my "Fresh Finds" so I can post what I picked up this past weekend.... We'll go back to last November when I picked up two different 5 speed bikes. The first an early 80's ( I'm guessing ) West German NSU... Next a 1978 Schwinn Suburban 5 speed...
  8. whoinphx

Downtown Phoenix Mardi Gras Parade Feb 9th ...

Hey all you fellow RRBers here in and around Phoenix ... I am a Downtown Phoenix Ambassador, and we are responsible for the Annual Mardis Gras Parade and Festival in Downtown Phoenix. Last year in the parade I brought one of my bikes and rode around in the parade. This year I was planning on...
  9. whoinphx

Triangle Handlebars...They came w/ a good bike

I've been wanting a set of these Triangle Handlebars for awhile.... I had a set of them on my First "MTB", and loved them til they cracked, (as I was told they tended to do under stressful use... hence they don't make them anymore). I was surfing CL and I saw these handlebars on a " Hybrid...
  10. whoinphx

Re: The Great Space Coaster 6/15 Update

RRBBO #7 Yeehaw..... I WILL Finish and Submit a Bike at the End.... I make this oath because last year I didn't, and it Really bummed me out.... I didn't touch a bike, other than to ride one to and from work, for something like 5 or 6 months.... Things with bikes have been going extremely...
  11. whoinphx

Another "Spaceliner"(They keep finding me) Part II

Okay, So I Posted a couple of weeks ago about a JC Penny Spaceliner I picked up.... viewtopic.php?f=16&t=55812 Now I have my fifth Spaceliner bike ( 4 are mens ) to go with my Flightliner... viewtopic.php?f=16&t=54583 I saw this on CL and had to call the guy, even though he lived the other...
  12. whoinphx

Another "Spaceliner"(They keep finding me) & More

Been a busy day.... I had use of a pickup truck for the day and made the most of it....almost the most but C'est la vie.... I'm happy ( as heck ) with what I got.... HOLD ON I GOT A PHONE CALL..... OK.... ONE More Today.... FIRST... The whole reason I borrowed the truck today, a Foremost...
  13. whoinphx

Stolen in Phoenix...

I'm posting this here so the RRB members in Phoenix are aware.... My Pride and Joy "Star Spangler" bike was stolen out of my backyard... If you see it for sale grab it, I'll pay you back... Already made a CL Post showing I'll buy it back.... This is THE ONE part of this hobby that I hate...
  14. whoinphx

Flight Liners Keep Coming to Me.....

Well this weekend ended up pretty good for me....I had ,what I think might be my RRBBO #7 frame, delivered in the mail..... I got it off e-bay for quite cheap, but I need to show the Insane way the dude shipped it, ( Tell me if you all have ever had a bike sent like this...) You might be able...
  15. whoinphx

Mostly Free Good Weekend....

Last Thursday I picked this up from Craigslist for $10.00.... It was the Lady of the house's bike for 50 odd years sitting for a dozen outside.... Next on Saturday I hooked up with an area scrapper / bike guy and scored these couple of items FREE... A 24" Bendix Rim and a Perons/Vista...
  16. whoinphx

1959 Columbia Jet Rider & 1966 Schwinn Panther & others

Today I Finally had a Score that I read about on here all the time... At a Car & Motorcycle Swap Meet here in Central Phoenix,(didn't even know about it ahead of time.. stumbled upon it a couple blocks from my house at The State Fair grounds) I figured there are usually bicycles and bike...
  17. whoinphx

My new triple tree forks and etc....

So I've been wanting two things for awhile, but I hate spending alot of money on things. Like many here, I prefer picking things up for free or little money used. To that end the Universe saw fit to give me two things I've been wanting. First triple tree forks, (the rest of the Magna bike came...
  18. whoinphx

A couple of bikes from this past weekend.....

I scored this '79 Schwinn Heavy Duti from a cool chic that was leaving town and wanted me to have it. She tried CL it but IMHO was asking too much, (needed cash, who doesn't?) so I got it for what I could afford. I got a kick out of this... The bike was originally from Wisconsin, same as...
  19. whoinphx

Penneys 3speed & Breeze + 3 wheeler

My buddy gave me all this Monday. He thought one of the frames went with the trike back end. Oh well it gave me ideas. Already have plans after my RRBBO is done. PLEASE see my post in "Bike Talk" I would appreciate your help and advice. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4014
  20. whoinphx

Need Help Pricing Sears Spyder Frame ?.?.?...

Please help..... A buddy of mine gave me a few old frames and stuff yesterday,(posting in Fresh Finds w/pics tomorrow). He pulled out what I believe is a Sears Spyder frame. It's what I think you call a five bar. It looks just like The Svelte Spyder frame in the Build off. Like a 20"/24" version...
Back