Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Ken Nighplay

VW GTI

I was thinking of looking for a GTI as a second car, anyone have any info on what to look for? How reliable is the 1.8 turbo compared to the 6 cylinder? What are some common problems? Also if anyone could explain the MK 3 MK 4 and so on. I am not a mechanic so if I am looking at major...
  2. Ken Nighplay

Elginor

Well I am calling this one done, rode it to the park and took some shots went from this to this I will try to get all the new pics up but am having issues with my gmail account.
  3. Ken Nighplay

Help with a hardware Question

I am using an old stem on my build off bike and the bolt that clamps the bars dowm is chewed up would like to use a more modern bolt maybe with an allen key. I checked the harware store but couldn't find the right size,seems to be 3/8 threads. Any one know where I can get replacements? Thanks
  4. Ken Nighplay

New Helper

Some of you may remember this guy from RRBO5 Well just before he turned 2 last September we found out he had some bad heart defects including cardio myopothy, and he had to be put down. This was our second boxer, the first had cancer at age 4. We struggled with what to do, my wife was afraid...
  5. Ken Nighplay

Elginor

This is what I will be working with this year. Bought it almost year ago and have just let is sit for this build off. I have some ideas brewing but not exactly sure what the finished product will look like. The first thing will be to have the frame sand blasted to see if there is any damage...
  6. Ken Nighplay

wheel fitment

Any one here an expert on auto wheel fitment. I bought a used set of american racing wheels that came off a 97 Mustang GT. They have a positive offset of 42, as best as I can tell, they look like they are for a front wheel drive. I have also read where a lot of guys put the 5x114.3 (Mustang)...
  7. Ken Nighplay

Blue Moon

Well summer is getting busy so I am going to call this one done. Took it for a ride and took some pics. I had a lot of fun with this build and it sort of morphed from a tribute to beer sponsored bikes to a pseudo barn find.
  8. Ken Nighplay

Other bikes I saw on vacation

I was in Colorado last week and saw a few bikes, hundreds of mountain bikes,but these are the ones that stood out.
  9. Ken Nighplay

Camera question

I was given a Sony digital Camera, The problem I have with it is it uses a MS Pro duo card, and my computer has no slot for it. I bought a card reader from Best Buy, and it worked great once or twice then my computer would not recognize the device, took it back they gave me a new one it worked...
  10. Ken Nighplay

womens cwc?

I just got this, pretty rough, was told it was a 40's bike I assume a cwc by the springer. The left pedals seems to have been welded on. Any help on the year or how to get the pedal off besides cutting and drilling? I had some thoughts of using the drive chain on my build off bike and parting...
  11. Ken Nighplay

Copper

This may be an odd question, but as copper ages and gets that greenish patina, does it follow any rules, such as age only as exposed to water? Bottom side or top side first to age? Will a copper pipe left outside age evenly? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  12. Ken Nighplay

blue moon

I will be using this Huffman frame that I got from Simple man It is old and crusty and I want to add some scallops. TFor the paint job I will be using authentic house paint. After I add some pinstripes I will attempt to age the new paint in hopes that it looks like an old barn find
  13. Ken Nighplay

Lead safe renovations

I make my living as a painting contractor and was wondering if anyother contractors or workers are being effected by the new EPA regulations starting in April.I know some aren't aware of the upcoming changes, but was interested if anyone else had taken certification course yet. Questions...
  14. Ken Nighplay

How to size your avatar

I am not the best with computers and I have never been able to figure out how to size a pic down so that it will show up as an avatar, Thanks for any help
  15. Ken Nighplay

San Antonio

Any one familiar with the area that could suggest the best barbeque joints, bars or restaraunts? My wife and I are thinking of heading down in the spring and sometimes we find the best places to visit are out of the way places that only locals know about, not those that have a big advertising...
  16. Ken Nighplay

build off bike

The bike I did for the build off is continuing to evolve. I found an old monark springer fork that is very ratty. I painted it to match the rest of the bike, cleaned the chrome, except the springs (no hope there) I used a conduit connector for a shim (the fork was off a girls), put pivot plates...
  17. Ken Nighplay

Schwinn American

I was doing some work at a customers house yesterday when I noticed an old Schwinn hanging in the garage. When I saw her today I told her if she was ever going to get rid of it to let me know I might be interested in buying it from her. She said it was originally her husbands but she had taken...
  18. Ken Nighplay

Help! monark fork

Finally found an old monark springer fork, and I need some help to make it fit my build off bike. First, four bolts at fork blade ends to pivot plate, do longer bolts go on front or back? Second, head tube on my bike 5 1/4 inches, steering tube on fork if I put bearing race as low as possible 5...
  19. Ken Nighplay

aftermarket wheels

Does anyone know if I can have chrome sandblasted off a set of wheels I have for my truck. They are aluminum and I still had them on when we got hit by an early snow a while back, they have some pitting and peeling. I would like to polish the rim and paint the spokes. Thanks.
  20. Ken Nighplay

Beachin cruiser

Well I was a procrastinator in high school and I guess some things don't change. It was really hard to devote time to build with summer being so busy for me, but here it is I didn't put the truss rods on because it would get in the way of the bottle opener, and I really wanted to custom...
Back